Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A easy and nutritional meal

My husband and I like cooking. We rarely go out for eating. It is expensive eating out but we really enjoy the food we cook. We have several recipe books and magazines and of course, we get a lot of recipes on the web. We have different styles of cooking. My husband cooks fancy things. When he goes to the kitchen, he spends hours and hours cutting, seasoning and assembling his creations. On the other side, I cook daily food, not fancy but balanced, nutritional and quick meals.

One of my favorites is marinated chicken. I prepare a marinate with whatever I find in the fridge: soy sauce, garlic, ginger paste, cilantro, Indian pickles. I also add some olive oil. I arrange the chicken on a Pyrex with the skin up. I sprinkle salt on the chicken and then I spoon the marinate on both sides f the meat. I also add vegetables: carrots, broccoli, pearl onion, or whatever is available. I cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for a couple of hours in the fridge. Then, I bake for 45 minutes at 400ºF, remove the aluminum foil and broil for a few minutes mo make the skin crunchy. Voila!
I use the leftover (if any) to prepare burritos for the next day.

Ps. You can also use pork.

 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carmen said...

mmm it looks delicious! I will have to try that!!!