Monday, September 29, 2008

MMMM soap!

I never thought I would be interested in making soap, but Carolina gain made it so easy for us that we had a great time creating a piece of soap and on top of that, a nice little present.
The soap making wasn't from scratch like some our friends do! It came from a kit, but allowed us to create nice designs with colors and shapes of our own taste.
We first cut pieces or colored soap that she had previously made at home.

ready?

Then we mounted it in a mold and prepared the embedding soap that was going to surround it. We added aroma and color to our taste and then we let it cool off.

in molds

happy to learn

mix mix mix

In the meantime, we learn how to wrap presents with fabric. This is a very Japanese thing. When I lived in Japan this is one of the first things I learned. People don't use lunch boxes but rather, take a beautiful fabric and wrap it up leaving a handle so it is easy to carry. It is an art! I loved doing it for this project. We also stamped the fabric, the paper that we put on top of the plastic wrapping and the little bags of bath salts that were part of this present.

colorful stamps

decorating the paper

mix well

We were happy with our creations. Thanks again Carolina for teaching us a fun project!

mmm

cute!

Happy at the results

My monkey

2 comments:

Pilar said...

Yea!!! was super fun!! is a cute present and is easy!!

Anonymous said...

It looks great!. I think I'll try it whenever I fuind a minute.
Maria Rosa